Have you ever asked yourself why you prefer certain brands? Or why you give to some organizations and not others? Finding an organization that represents your values can be both reassuring and uplifting. You might show your support by signing up for their newsletter, sharing their content, attending an event, or making a donation. But, what if you want to do more?
Peer-to-peer (p2p) sharing can extend the reach of a blog post or fundraising campaign exponentially. When you share P.E.A.R.L. posts or pages through social media, you’re helping our message reach hundreds of new people. Some of these people may need help overcoming addiction, and our services and content can point them in the right direction. Others might make a donation to support our mission and the Benton County Drug Court and Veterans Court. And, a few might share our post on their own news feed, helping spread our message faster and farther than we ever could on our own.
What is Peer-to-Peer Fundraising?
Peer-to-peer fundraising uses the power of the internet and social media to reach new audiences and potential donors. A p2p fundraising page allows you to accept donations on behalf of the organization. By providing just a few pieces of basic information, you can create your own donation page, complete with a unique URL, personalized message to potential donors, and a donation tracker so visitors can see how close you are to reaching your goal — or by how much you’ve exceeded it!
In addition to raising much-needed funds, you are increasing awareness by giving friends and family members an easy way to connect with and support a cause you care about. And, anyone who visits your page and wants to create their own donation page can do so with just a few mouse clicks.
Event / Campaign Specific P2P Campaigns
You can create your own P.E.A.R.L. fundraising page and start collecting donations at any time. As we plan new fundraising events and begin our annual giving campaign, you will be able to create event or campaign specific donation pages as a way to promote awareness about particular causes.
Tips to Maximize Donations on Your P2P Page
Creating a peer-to-peer page is a great first step, but maximizing donations requires just a bit of extra work — not much, we promise! Once you have your unique URL, it’s time to start sharing your new page. People can only donate if they can find your donation page. And with each small step you take to share your page, you increase your page’s donation potential exponentially.
1. Share your p2p fundraising page’s URL on Facebook and ask your friends and family members to make a donation and/or share in their own feeds. Invite people to join you in your journey to reach your fundraising goal, and tell them a bit about why you support that cause. With every new share, your page reaches hundreds of potential donors.
2. Add your URL to your Twitter profile. This will keep the link at the top of your feed, so you can promote your fundraising page without changing your posting habits or frequency.
3. Share in LinkedIn. Adding your P.E.A.R.L. fundraising page to your LinkedIn profile (or sharing to a LinkedIn group) is a great way to spread awareness and encourage clicks, all while highlighting your volunteerism and desire to give back to your community.
4. Consider peak times to share your URL on different social media platforms.
- Facebook: 1-4pm, 6-10pm, weekends
- Twitter: 8-10am, 11am-1pm, 4-7pm
- LinkedIn: 8-10am, 4-6pm
Create Your Own PEARL P2P Fundraising Page